|Trouble seeing images or following links, click here.
April 2013 - Tips, eNews and More!
April is Oral Health Month
Oral health is more than just clean teeth and healthy gums. A healthy mouth is necessary for eating properly and enjoying your food. It is also an important component in socializing. Your healthy smile is a source of confidence and comfort. It is often the first impression you offer others and is a powerful focal point.
Did you know that your mouth can also offer early warning signs of health issues throughout your body? During your dental examination we look for warning signs, sleep or stress issues (such as grinding), side effects of medications, effects of systemic problems and even oral cancer.
Take some time this month to learn more about your oral health, visit the Canadian Dental Association's Health Month section and feel free to ask us about any oral health topic.
If you would like to come in for a 'Spring Cleaning' and Oral Health Exam, give us a call today or click here to request an appointment.
April Also Hosts:
National Dental Hygienists Week (April 7-13)
Daffodil Month in support of Cancer Awareness and Research
April 22 is Earth Day, visit this link , for events happening throughout the month.
This past winter was one for the books. Heavy snow and ice may have affected your home's exterior and has likely made some changes to your landscaping. While it is easy to see what has happened on the ground, we wanted to remind you to look up! Damaged eavestroughs can lead to future expensive repairs, and damaged tree limbs can lead to unexpected surprises or worse once the weight of leaves is added over the next month.
Until next month,
Neil Hahn D.D.S. and the High Park Dental Care Team
| How to Brush and Floss Properly
1. Wind 12 inches (the length of your forearm) of floss around your two middle fingers.
2. Gently guide the floss between teeth.
3. To remove plaque and debris, wrap the floss into a "C" shape around the base of each adjoining tooth. Move the floss up and down against the teeth and go gently under the gum.
4. As you move from tooth to tooth, use a fresh section of floss.
Click here to continue reading.
|Kale Slaw Salad
What's in it:
Click here for the recipe.
- 1 bunch of kale (any variety), chopped into bite size pieces with rib removed
- 1 fennel
- 1 head red cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 beet shredded
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- ½ cup olive oil or hemp oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2-4 tablespoons raw unpasteurized honey
- 1 tsp sea salt
Services - Patient Comfort - Our Team -
Location - Contact Us
© 2012 High Park Dental Care - All Rights Reserved -
2126 Bloor Street W. | Toronto, Ontario | M6S 1M8